prom corsage season


1- thin straight florist wire
2- florist wire cutters
3- tricillium (filler flower to use instead of baby's breath)
4- white dendrobium orchid blooms (focal flowers)
5- bear grass (I use it to make the corsage more modern with small loops and texture)
6- wristlette holder
7- floral tape


The prom corsage. My first encounter with it is was in the movie Harry and the Henderson's when he eats Sarah's 15th birthday orchid corsage. After that it I remember seeing my older sister's corsages stored in the fridge after their dances. Finally in high school I received my first. It was for a fall homecoming dance my Junior year and I remember my date's mother making sure it matched my dress perfectly. It hung dried in my room on my bulletin board for years accompanied by the others I received.

Prom season in full swing everywhere! I spent my Wednesday evening for 5 hours twisting tape and wiring dendrobium orchids into wrist corsages for a local Junior prom. Sometimes I can't help but try them on when I am done to make sure it looks its best. Im not sure I can do a DIY post on how to make them. They are pretty detailed, but maybe in the near future I will do a boutonniere which is much simpler!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave some love

Related Posts with Thumbnails